FRENCH WAY LAST SECTION: SARRIA – SANTIAGO
Self Guided Walking Tour 6 days/5 nights 115 km (72 miles)
If you only have one week, walking the last section is your option to get a taste of the Camino. Starting your Camino in Sarria will allow you to walk the last 115km (72 miles) of the French Way to Santiago de Compostela; this means you will receive your pilgrim certificate, “The Compostela”.
This is the most popular Camino tour because it perfectly captures the essence of the Camino de Santiago; the last kilometers of the French Way are paths that cross through bumpy landscapes and the lush vegetation of Galicia, this makes it a wonderful place to walk. You also get to meet fellow pilgrims, discover local traditions, and delight yourself with amazing food.
Our tour guides will happily share their advice and experience to enhance and smooth your journey, there is no right or wrong way to walk the Camino, just Your Way to Santiago.
The Camino de Santiago was declared the first European Cultural Itinerary by the Council of Europe in 1987 as well as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- -5 Hotel nights in 3/4-star hotels, country manors and/or B&B’s, private bathroom in all rooms, guaranteed comfort and great location; based on double occupancy. Additional charges for individual occupancy will apply.
- -All breakfasts.
- -Two dinners, first and last night.
- -Snacks and water during the journey when possible.
- -Pilgrim credentials.
- -Full itinerary and maps of daily route provided every morning.
- -Daily luggage transfer between hotels throughout the tour.
- -Phone assistance on route as well as a support van, our guide will be on the road in the company van to assist you throughout the tour.
- -24/7 customer service.
- -Limited group sizes.
- -Sales Tax (IVA).
- -Airplane tickets and/or any related expenses.
- -Transportation to the start point of your tour, or from the finish point onward, ask for available options, extra charges will apply.
- -Hotel surcharges (laundry, phone, bar, restaurant, tips, etc.)
- -Medical expenses.
- -Travel and cancellation insurance.
- -Dinners (Except first and last night).
- -Single room.
- -Extra Night in Santiago.
23km (14 miles)
Portomarín Palas de Rei
25km (16 miles)
Palas de Rei Arzúa
29km (18 miles)
Arzúa Arca (O Pino)
19km (12 miles)
Arca (O Pino) Santiago de Compostela
20km (12 miles)
April 2019 April 3rd to April 8th / April 10th to April 15th
May 2019 May 3rd to May 8th / May 15th to May 20th / May 22nd to May 27th
June 2019 June 14th to June 19th
June/July 2019 June 26th to July 1st
July 2019 July 3rd to July 8th / July 26th to July 31st
August 2019 Aug 2nd to Aug 7th / Aug 21st to Aug 26th
August/September 2019 Aug 28th to Sep 2nd
September 2019 Sep 20th to Sep 25th
October 2019 Oct 2nd to Oct 7th / Oct 9th to Oct 14th
November 2019 Nov 1st to Nov 6th